Senior Proposal Manager
Remote, Anywhere in the US. Immediate Hire
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions LLC is a fast growing, high performing business delivering value-added consulting services that enable our clients to envision, implement and measure achievement of their transformational and strategic goals. We are committed to Excellence, Passion, Diversity and Knowledge. Rainmakers offers comprehensive benefits and highly competitive compensation packages.
The Senior Proposal Manager is a key member of the company’s business development (BD) team, charged with working on strategic company wide BD objectives, including bids and proposal management from capture to submission, client diversification, new partnerships, and business process improvements.
This person’s main focus will be to lead and deliver winning proposals for the company. They will establish and ensure adherence to all proposal policies, procedures, and timelines to develop a submissions that is technically and financially sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality. The Senior Proposal Manager is also involved in preparatory efforts for bid pursuits, including guiding or monitoring long-term positioning and capture efforts, developing relationships with partners and new clients, and tracking procurement opportunities.
Extensive proposal preparation experience in a government contracting environment , preferably for HHS agencies, VA or DHA.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the Senior Proposal Manager
Leads development of bids and proposals, including the following tasks:
- Formation of proposal team (in concert with the technical division), and development of all preparatory materials for successful kick-off (e.g., solicitation analysis, calendar);
- Develops, in collaboration with the Technical Lead, technical and cost volume outlines, writing assignments, compliance matrices, and layout/style protocols;
- Facilitates/leads design sessions that result in responsive program designs;
- Formalizes agreements with partners;
- Leads the Proposal Color Team reviews and directs follow-up revisions;
- Ensures overall proposal quality, responsiveness, and compliance with the solicitation; and
- Oversees preparation of the proposal for delivery and submits proposal to client.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
Years of Experience
- 8-10 years of federal government proposal management experience
- 8-10 years of federal government contracting experience
- min. 4 years’ of supervisory experience
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, urgency, and drive
- Experience leading projects of varying types and complexity in project management role
- Knowledge of PM best practices including demonstrated experience developing project management artifacts and leading projects
- Exceptional written and oral skills sufficient to communicate effectively with business stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self‐directed and detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position