CAREERS AT RAINMAKERS
Practice Lead: Data Analytics
It is an exciting time to be joining a rapidly growing small business! Rainmakers Strategic Solutions, LLC, is looking to expand capabilities in the health care data analytics space to support an expanding portfolio of federal healthcare clients.
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions LLC (Rainmakers), is an 8(a) minority-woman-owned business and healthcare consulting firm that specializes in healthcare administration and program management. We provide health care system project and program management, policy analysis and development support, stakeholder engagement, outreach and education, data analysis and implementation support in the government and commercial health care sectors. We have a successful history of providing support to private sector payers and providers, as well as Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Veterans Affairs, and Department of Health and Human Services. Our professionals average more than 20 years’ professional experience in health care, including with government payers, health plans, and providers. Their collective experience covers a wide variety of disciplines including health information technology standards, health care policy, medical record review, fraud and abuse, claims auditing education and outreach, pharmacy benefits management and large-scale program management.
Rainmakers is actively seeking a goal-oriented Practice Lead: Data Analytics to lead a rapidly growing Data Analytics Practice Area. This visionary leader, and proven manager, brings experience and drive to assist with developing new capabilities and relationships that expand our portfolio. The Practice Lead reports directly to the VP Client Delivery and works collaboratively with the Company President/CEO and other senior leaders to grow our organization and reach corporate goals.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the Practice Lead: Data Analytics
- Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of client engagement and business development, talent management and training, analytics application and development, proposal development, and thought leadership
- Build processes to scale the practice and collaborate with other company leaders to implement cross Practice Area opportunities to drive overall practice and company growth
- Contribute to the business growth in the federal and state data analytics market through identifying and participating in capture efforts, proposals, and strategic initiatives. Serves as technical expert on capture and proposal efforts, including both technical and business proposals.
Bring a proven record of expanding lines of work with existing clients as well as developing new client relationships.
- Bring deep insights to the evolving data analytics marketplace, and awareness of marketplace competitors, and new firm entrants.
- Be results oriented with the ability to deal with ambiguity, directing and initiating efforts to deliver results with little or no direction.
- Possess a willingness to take risk to grow the Practice Area and our staff capability and credentials; a ‘think outside the box/innovative” mindset to take the business in new directions and create a sustainable offering.
- Review and monitor financial and technical performance of Practice Area projects and oversees project directors to ensure outstanding client service, including the quality and timeliness of project deliverables within contract budgets and deliverable specifications.
- Maintain overall responsibility for ensuring Practice Area contracts deliver planned-for revenue and maximize opportunity for organic on-contract growth.
- May also serve as a Project Director for a project.
- Provide leadership to direct-report managers responsible for planning and executing projects; with VP Client Delivery identifies and hires, and then subsequently mentors, coaches, and oversees performance of managers and technical/data experts; and encourages professional development in the context of project work.
- Collaborate with senior staff in other groups, and marketing, to promote consistency of approach, methods, and performance.
- Conduct performance and salary reviews, address performance problems, identifies annual performance goals, and achieve staff billability/utilization goals.
- PhD in Healthcare Data Analytics, Health Data Science, Healthcare Research, Statistics, Health Economics, Public Health with a focus on Policy and Analysis, or related field
- Master’s Degree in or same related fields, and demonstrated strong project management, data analytics, and leadership skills
Years of Experience:
- 10+ years in leadership roles achieving growth targets, through both external and organic growth, and expanding corporate presence within the federal healthcare marketspace, required
- 10+ years of government consulting experience in a consulting team leadership role, and in-depth knowledge of federal government contracting environment, required
- 10+ years strong project management expertise and experience managing complex projects, required
- 10+ years data analytics experience, preferably in the health care space and with health care data sets
- 8-10 years’ supervisory and corporate management experience
- 5-7 years technical proposal writing experience
- Strong understanding of database and analytical techniques and technologies, and dashboard/data visualization tools in the industry
- Strong knowledge of government databases (Chronic Condition Warehouse, Integrated Data Repository, Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System)
- Consulting sales experience and ability to secure multi-million-dollar opportunities through a range of government procurement vehicles (Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity, Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts, Multi-Agency Contracts-GSA Schedule, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Business Set-Asides)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the capability to build and grow a services practice area
- Excellent verbal, written, and data visualization skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research/data analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive-level leadership
- Strong executive presence
- Proven ability to use sound judgement and make timely decisions
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers, and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
3545 Ellicott Mills Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Phone No. (443) 348-8067
Fax No. (410) 246-2839
18444 N 25th Ave, Suite 420
Phoenix, AZ 85023
Phone No. (623) 759-7320
Fax No. (623) 759-7319