Remote, Anywhere in the US. Immediate Hire
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions, a fast-growing woman-owned small business provides management consulting services for federal government clients. Many of Rainmakers’ contracts support federal health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. A significant number of our contracts involve updating publicly available documents for digital and print publication in response to policy and health care benefit changes. We pride ourselves on upholding high standards for delivering quality products and services under aggressive timelines.
In this role as an InDesign Editor, your primary responsibility revolves around editing and refining design elements, utilizing Adobe InDesign to adjust templates for PDFs. It involves ensuring document adherence to project guidelines and addressing various design needs, from annual reports to content structure. A key responsibility is maintaining 508 compliance, remedying files according to the HHS guidelines. Training is available for this aspect. This role emphasizes delivering high-quality, error-free products and encourages process improvement in a fast-paced environment.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the InDesign Editor
- Curate intricate design and text-only PDF templates in Adobe InDesign, meticulously guaranteeing the alignment of all documents with project-specific standards.
- Proactively address 508 compliance concerns by remediating files and staying current with evolving Health & Human Services (HHS) regulations and industry best practices.
- Uphold commitment to exceptional quality and precision, ensuring error-free deliverables.
- Assist with other Rainmaker’s design needs, such as requests for proposals, branding needs, graphic designs, and more.
- Review and optimize design processes and workflow, making recommendations for enhancements to boost efficiency and streamline production.
Perform additional responsibilities as delegated by the supervisor as required for efficient operation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with health care documents preferred.
- Experience with InDesign required.
- Experience creating 508 compliant PDF preferred.
- Experience creating Word and PowerPoint documents.
- A minimum of 2 years of graphic design experience.
- Experienced and able to show examples of graphic design. A portfolio is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficient in using graphic design tools: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver).
- Familiarity in 508 remediation using CommonLook, Adobe Pro, and PAC 2021 a plus.
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position
- Knowledge of project management practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance procedures.
- Understanding government contracts and experience in this field is a bonus.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
Accessibility & Accessible Information Statement
Rainmakers is committed to providing accessible information for all visitors. We strive to adhere to the globally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA. Our commitment includes designing our website to be compatible with various assistive technologies, providing keyboard navigation, using alternative text for significant images, using clear and concise language, maintaining a consistent structure and organization, and welcoming user feedback. While we continually review and improve our website’s accessibility, we appreciate your understanding that it’s an ongoing endeavor. If you have any accessibility-related concerns or questions, please reach out to our accessibility team at firstname.lastname@example.org.