Human Centered Design Analyst
Remote, Anywhere in the US. Immediate Hire
It’s an exciting time to be supporting a rapidly growing small business! Rainmakers Strategic Solutions, LLC, a certified SBA 8(a), and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), is looking to immediately welcome an expert with Human Centered Design (HCD) knowledge to support a range of high-volume, project work. To help ensure our federal agency client ensures its IT projects and processes are designed to be more user centric, it has embraced HCD principles to understand the people for whom it is creating programs and services.
If you take pride in your high-quality work; like being part of a collaborative team; work with multiple federal government stakeholders; and offer ideas, solutions, and innovation please respond.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the Human Centered Design Analyst
- Elicit an understanding of the customers and product owner’s product visions by researching, wireframing, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Identify design problems, develop elegant solutions, and justify design decisions eloquently
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design / human-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product owners and development team members on all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Incorporate best practices for accessibility, usability, 508 compliance, web performance, and design into our products and ultimately evangelize a more consistent and delightful user experience
- Provide mentorship to other frontend engineers and designers in all aspects of UX development
- Perform research, evaluations, and validations of moderate complexity
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centered research, including but not limited to usability studies, focus groups, and analysis of Google Analytics
- Perform subjective and objective research both qualitatively and quantitatively, to gather deep end-user understanding
Bachelor’s Degree required
Years of Experience
- Five + years of UI design experience in an Agile delivery environment which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested application component.
- Five + years of experience eliciting requirements and synthesizing information from multiple sources to design rich customer experiences
- Technical writing experience
- Proficiency with design and presentation applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, InVision)
- Strong communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, urgency, and drive
- Ability to communicate effectively with business stakeholders and senior leadership
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A highly professional demeanor
- Self‐directed and detail oriented
- Justinmind prototyping software,
- MURAL collaboration tool,
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position
Accessibility & Accessible Information Statement
Rainmakers is committed to providing accessible information for all visitors. We strive to adhere to the globally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA. Our commitment includes designing our website to be compatible with various assistive technologies, providing keyboard navigation, using alternative text for significant images, using clear and concise language, maintaining a consistent structure and organization, and welcoming user feedback. While we continually review and improve our website’s accessibility, we appreciate your understanding that it’s an ongoing endeavor. If you have any accessibility-related concerns or questions, please reach out to our accessibility team at firstname.lastname@example.org.