Remote, Anywhere in the US. Immediate Hire
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions LLC is a fast growing, high performing business delivering value-added consulting services that enable our clients to envision, implement and measure achievement of their transformational and strategic goals. We are committed to Excellence, Passion, Diversity and Knowledge. Rainmakers offers comprehensive benefits and highly competitive compensation packages.
The Communications Specialist & Health Care Writer is an enthusiastic and strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail, is deadline oriented, works well under pressure, and has exceptional writing skills. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the Communications Specialist & Health Care Writer should be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to stakeholders.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the Communications Specialist
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation for various target audiences
- Collaborate with marketing professionals and subject matter experts to research project-specific topics and draft or review client deliverables
- Draft press releases, website content, infographics, marketing materials, white papers, blogs, RFP responses, educational content, and other assignments as assigned
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring the production of high-quality and error-free copy
- Work with key stakeholders to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various internal and customer facing initiatives
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team
- Build and maintain relationships with key external role-players
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient command of English
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Content writing experience for all media platforms
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A portfolio that demonstrates expertise in effectively communicating the value of products, services and programs to appropriate audiences
Years of Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in communications strategy development
- Knowledge of health care industry and health insurance regulations, standards, guidelines literature and advancements
- Familiarity with one or more public health care programs, such as Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, Veterans Health
- Familiarity with the principles of clinical research
- Ability to interpret, communicate and present complex information, such as scientific or medical information and clinical data, in a clear and concise manner
- Experience writing government contract proposals is preferred
- Computer literacy with experience using email, MS Office, Acrobat and other related business and communication tools
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position
View All Open Positions
Browse our careers page and see what talent we’re looking to add to our team.