Clinical Validation Specialist
Remote, Anywhere in the US. Immediate Hire
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions, a fast-growing woman-owned small business provides management consulting services for federal government clients. Many of Rainmakers’ contracts support federal health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. A significant number of our contracts involve updating publicly available documents for digital and print publication in response to policy and health care benefit changes. We pride ourselves on upholding high standards for delivering quality products and services under aggressive timelines.
We are seeking a highly motivated Clinical Validation Specialist to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be at the forefront of ensuring accuracy and integrity of critical healthcare data. As a Clinical Data Abstractor, you will play a pivotal role in identifying and validating key data points extracted from diverse sources, including patent records, medical reports, and electronic files. Your expertise and attention to detail will be instrumental in upholding the highest standards of quality and compliance. In this exciting position, you will thrive on the challenge of meeting deadlines while maintaining a superior level of precision. Your work will directly impact on our ability to deliver on our commitments and exceed client expectations.
If you are a data enthusiast with a passion for healthcare and an unwavering commitment to excellence, we invite you to join our team and contribute to the vital mission of accurate data abstraction and validation.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the Clinical Validation Specialist
- Conduct a thorough review of medical records to confirm the presence of MDS Quality Measurement elements, aligning the data abstraction specifications provided.
- Meet or exceed productivity standards by efficiently abstracting data within the project’s designated timeframes, considering the specific case types.
- Maintain responsive communication with skilled nursing facilities (SNF’s), data validation management teams, and executive management teams to address inquiries or resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all data, with a commitment to data integrity.
- Accurately document, track, and monitor discrepancies in data between the medical chart and Minimum Data Set assessment data elements.
- Conduct periodic audits of clinical documentation processes and recommend process enhancements to reduce errors and discrepancies.
- Maintain a detailed record of all data validation activities and provide reports to management regarding data quality and compliance with quality measures.
Perform additional responsibilities as delegated by the supervisor as required for efficient operation.
- Minimum Associate degree in Nursing
- In depth understanding of clinical documentation practices and significance of accurate data representation in healthcare settings.
- Knowledge of data validation protocols and quality improvement methodologies.
- Familiarity with data validation principles.
- Up-to-date awareness of industry guidelines, regulations, and best practices.
- 2 years of professional clinical experience (preferably in a skilled nursing facility setting).
- 1 year chart abstraction experience preferred.
- Experience in the SNF or Long-Term Care unit of a Nursing Home.
- Experience working with MDS Assessments.
- Attention to detail and follow-up skills are necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Data abstraction software systems.
- Electronic medical record applications preferred.
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position
- Knowledge of project management practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance procedures.
- Understanding government contracts and experience in this field is a bonus.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
Accessibility & Accessible Information Statement
Rainmakers is committed to providing accessible information for all visitors. We strive to adhere to the globally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA. Our commitment includes designing our website to be compatible with various assistive technologies, providing keyboard navigation, using alternative text for significant images, using clear and concise language, maintaining a consistent structure and organization, and welcoming user feedback. While we continually review and improve our website’s accessibility, we appreciate your understanding that it’s an ongoing endeavor. If you have any accessibility-related concerns or questions, please reach out to our accessibility team at firstname.lastname@example.org.