Acquisition Training Workshop Facilitator
Baltimore-Washington DC Metro Area. Immediate Hire
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions LLC is a fast growing, high performing business delivering value-added consulting services that enable our clients to envision, implement and measure achievement of their transformational and strategic goals. We are committed to Excellence, Passion, Diversity and Knowledge. Rainmakers offers comprehensive benefits and highly competitive compensation packages.
We’re actively seeking Acquisition Training Workshop Facilitators to become critical members of our training team. In this opportunity, our Acquisition Training Workshop Facilitators are focused on providing customizable, participant-focused, competency-based workshops or classroom facilitation on topics centered on the primary tenets of government acquisition, contracting, and contractor management subjects, including: IGCE, SOW/SOO Development, Evaluation, Negotiations, Market Research and Performance Management. Additionally, candidates must have earned a DAWIA (or FAC-C) Level II or Level III certification in contracting and a DAWIA (or FAC-P) Level I or above certification.
Facilitator-led Training Workshops may be delivered on-site or virtually. Due to the COVID pandemic, currently scheduled training is 100% virtual. Post-pandemic, on-site training will be conducted primarily in the Baltimore-Washington DC metro area.
Workshop duration may be in either half day or full day segments and will typically occur Mondays through Fridays. The target audience will primarily be federal agency Level I to Level III Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) and Government Task Leaders (GTLs) responsible for developing acquisition packages, selecting and managing contractors.
Ideal candidates must :
- Possess current skills, knowledge, and abilities in the federal contracting duties outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Be comfortable and capable to deliver quality content and professional experiences relevant to the course content to diverse audiences using online platforms and modalities.
- Be willing contributors and collaborators in the workshop development process.
- Have a flexible schedule to support the workshop schedule and client needs.
- Possess a working knowledge of curriculum design concepts and techniques to aid the Instructional Design Teams with customizing workshops.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the Acquisition Training Workshop Facilitator
- Facilitate half-day or 1-day workshops to groups of up to 25 professionals.
- Deliver workshops in virtual environment and/or live at the client sites to varying experience levels of acquisition and program management teams and/individuals.
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) to provide strong, customized content material to instructional designers in the course development process.
- Perform course assessments and recommendations for increasing FAC-P/PM maturity. Apply knowledge and skills to address client needs.
- Stay current and up-to-date on course materials, regulatory and governance changes and acquisition best practices and process modifications.
- Demonstrate adult training principles and best practices for course presentations.
- Facilitate workshops in accordance with published facilitator, participant, and producer guides.
- Adhere strictly to course schedules.
- Provide relevant and constructive feedback to instructional design team as soon as warranted.
- Deliver client-specific versions of courses in group on-site presentation.
- Bachelors’ Degree is required. Advanced Degree is preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of the acquisition life cycle process is required, including acquisition planning (Statement of Work/Statement of Objectives development), solicitation, source evaluation and selection, Technical Evaluation Process, Negotiations, Appropriations Law, Selecting the Appropriate Contract Type, and the Quality Assurance Process.
- Extensive Federal Acquisition Regulations and Federal government contracting knowledge and experience required.
- Must possess strong facilitation, instructional, and oral presentation experience.
- Instructor/Facilitator or teaching certificates are a plus.
- Experience with virtual or online facilitation/training delivery methods a plus.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust or above clearance.
Years of Experience
- At least 8-15 years of recent experience in a federal contracting and program management domain. Additionally, Candidates must have earned a DAWIA (or FAC-C) Level II or Level III Certification in Contracting and a DAWIA (or FAC-P) Level I or above Certification. Having held an unlimited contracting officer warrant is desirable and having a PMP certification is a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience as a consultant and/or professional lecturer, facilitator, or instructor delivering participant-centered training.
- The Acquisition Training Workshop Facilitator must have reliable transportation for live on-site training evolutions and workshops.
- Computer literacy with experience using email, MS Office, Acrobat and other related business and communication tools.
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position
View All Open Positions
Browse our careers page and see what talent we’re looking to add to our team.