508 Compliance Specialist
Remote, Anywhere in the US. Immediate Hire
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions LLC is a fast growing, high performing business delivering value-added consulting services that enable our clients to envision, implement and measure achievement of their transformational and strategic goals. We are committed to Excellence, Passion, Diversity and Knowledge. Rainmakers offers comprehensive benefits and highly competitive compensation packages.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the 508 Compliance Specialist
- Remediate web, training documents, videos and marketing materials for 508 compliance and stay abreast of changes to the 508 Health & Human Services (HHS) compliance regulations and best practices
- Develop standard operating procedures and suggest improvements to current processes and procedures
- Use CommonLook® to increase speed and accuracy for 508 compliant documents, preferred, but not required
- Validate layouts and 508 compliance from other team members as part of the peer review process
- Run HHS Checklist reports, Adobe reports, and PAC3 reports
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in public administration, educational administration, human resources management, business administration, law, or a related field
Position Requirements and Relevant Knowledge
- Minimum of one year of recent, full-time, paid experience in developing and implementing employer-based compliance and accommodation programs mandated by federal and state laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Knowledge of IT accessibility requirements, including 508 standards, law and policy
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position