Section 508 Accessibility Expert
Remote, Anywhere in the US. Immediate Hire
It’s an exciting time to be joining a rapidly growing small business! Rainmakers Strategic Solutions, LLC, a certified SBA 8(a), and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), is looking to immediately fill a Section 508 Accessibility Expert position on an exciting and high-profile project supporting the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
If you have a passion for Section 508 remediation, accessibility, assistive technology solutions, and ADA compliance this is an ideal opportunity to work with a client that understands and values this expertise.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the 508 Compliance Specialist
- Support efforts to develop automated 508 remediation tools
- Lead 508 internal best practice teams / forums
- Provide one on one consultation to teams looking to improve their 508 compliance efforts
- Develop Section 508 artifacts
- Develop presentations on “how to remediate” and “how to apply Section 508” for internal stakeholders
- Incorporate Section 508 standards into SOPs
- Support end user experience assessment activities
- Perform tasks in an agile environment, working closely with the client on a routine basis
- Participate in daily team scrums and client meetings/calls as required
- Contribute to weekly status, and monthly progress reports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal government Section 508 standards and policies
- Five + years of professional experience with accessibility and Section 508
- Five + years’ experience testing Web, Software and documents against the 508 accessibility standards for conformance
- Five + years of user experience assessment in an IT environment
- Expertise in Sections 508, 501 and 504
- Expertise in WCAG 2.0 standards
- Expertise in ADA compliance standards
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, urgency, and drive
- Ability to be flexible and operate in an agile environment
- Professionalism for direct client interaction
- Self‐directed and detail oriented
- Able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Exceptional writing skills
Proficiency in Accessibility packages such as Adobe Acrobat, PAC3, WAVE toolbar, JAWS, NVDA, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Read&Write, ClaroRead, ABBYY finreader, TextAloud, and other assistive technologies.
Accessibility certification preferred.
Environment and Cognitive/Physical Demands
- Teleworking, virtual work environment
- Ability to read, keyboard, reason, communicate effectively and problem solve
- Requires prolonged sitting and telephone use
- Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, copiers and printers
- Infrequent lifting to 15 pounds
- Infrequent stooping
- Periodic travel
Segregation of Duties
Employees are accountable for performing their job responsibilities per Rainmakers’ core values, as well as policies and procedures, including but not limited to: segregation of duties, HIPAA, security and privacy, CMS requirements, the Rainmakers Compliance Program and any other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the essential functions, requirements, and responsibilities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description and may be required to perform any task requested by the supervisor or management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities as well as Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.
Share This Position
Accessibility & Accessible Information Statement
Rainmakers is committed to providing accessible information for all visitors. We strive to adhere to the globally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA. Our commitment includes designing our website to be compatible with various assistive technologies, providing keyboard navigation, using alternative text for significant images, using clear and concise language, maintaining a consistent structure and organization, and welcoming user feedback. While we continually review and improve our website’s accessibility, we appreciate your understanding that it’s an ongoing endeavor. If you have any accessibility-related concerns or questions, please reach out to our accessibility team at firstname.lastname@example.org.