WHO WE ARE
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions LLC
DUNS No. 828-429808
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions LLC (Rainmakers) is a certified 8(a), economically disadvantaged woman-owned small consulting firm, founded in 2007 to provide expertise and highly practical solutions in support of the government and commercial sectors. Rainmakers’ principals are respected professionals with demonstrated success for clients facing evolving requirements and constituent needs. We develop, implement, and improve programs by applying insightful methodologies and delivering innovative results that address and simplify complex issues, streamline processes, and reduce costs.
We have a genuine focus on achieving and maintaining an impeccable business relationship with our customers and supporting them in their efforts to improve processes. Client satisfaction is our most valuable asset and exceeding our customers’ expectations is our primary goal.
To deliver value-added consulting services that enable our clients to envision, implement and measure achievement of their transformational and strategic goals.
- Excellence – Quality in our work is absolutely essential. Client Satisfaction is our priority.
- Passion – Dedication and Commitment to meeting our clients’ needs.
- Diversity – Harnessing and promoting a variety of perspectives to maximize impact.
- Knowledge – Thought leadership, strategic support, and innovation to enable transformation with accelerated speed and enhanced quality.
At Rainmakers Strategic Solutions, we strive to provide our customers with a diverse team of experts from various industries, with a passion for knowledge and an unquenchable desire for excellence.
Evaluations & Analysis
- Compliance reviews
- Drug Formulary & Benefits Review
- Performance measurement and evaluation
- Strategic planning
- Health policy research
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Medicare Modernization Act (MMA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Social Security Act
“Excellent Customer Service and Responsiveness to all requests. Rainmakers has contributed innovative solutions, creative alternatives, and provided recommendations that has expanded and focused our conceptual ideas into workable products and executable plans. They are truly a good partner in understanding our organizational needs.”
-Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Inspector General (OIG)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) required contractor assistance to perform regulatory and compliance oversight of private health plans participating in the Medicare Prescription Drug (Medicare Part D) program. For the protection of Medicare beneficiaries, CMS requires that health plans obtain approval of their prescription drug formularies and utilization management practices annually.
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions’ licensed pharmacists support CMS’ oversight of the Medicare Part D program. We review all Part D plan sponsor prescription drug formularies, utilization management practices and member transition policies to determine compliance with the Medicare Modernization Act and CMS guidelines.
We maintain a database of widely‐accepted treatment guidelines by performing environmental scans and literature reviews to identify new/modified guidelines. Our primary objectives are to ensure that Medicare beneficiaries are protected from discriminatory practices and can access the high-quality health care they deserve.
We apply extensive knowledge of Medicare Part D program requirements benefits, regulations and applicable laws to establish guidelines and review health plans with accuracy and consistency so that our recommendations to CMS are defensible.
- Health Care Fraud Detection
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Analysis
- Claims Review
- Financial Audit
- Compliance Program Development and Review
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services identified program integrity problems caused by a lack of standardized and complete provider data, no accurate method by which to monitor the same providers in the two programs of Medicare and Medicaid and the lack of an automated method to identify high risk providers. Early data submissions from States participating in the 10-State Provider Enrollment Pilot demonstrated significant inconsistencies in the volume, consistency, and completeness of the data.
As a result, the Provider Enrollment Predictive Model (PEPM) project was initiated and a contractor was engaged to build a predictive model using a subset of T-MSIS data to identify a provider’s likelihood to commit fraud. CMS also sought a contractor to test and evaluate the model.
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions was engaged to evaluate models developed by another contractor. We applied a deep understanding of the Medicare and Medicaid programs and knowledge of provider billing practices and reimbursement policies to review data analysis results and predictive models. In addition, Rainmakers data analysts and provider fraud experts went beyond the initial scope of the project to design a predictive model and risk assessment methodology that led to an estimated $800M in potential Medicare and Medicaid fraud. Our work involved analysis of various data sources, including T-MSIS , Fraud Investigations Database (FID), and OIG’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) .
- Strategic Communications Plan Development
- Curriculum Development
- Website Development
- Computer-based Training
- Train-the-Trainer Guides
- Communications and Public Relations
- Content Development
- Survey Instrument Design and Administration
- Focus Group Facilitation
- Benchmark Analysis
“The accuracy and volume of materials produced on time across highly technical program areas and their eye-catching visuals are a testimony to the breadth and depth of staff’s skills, competency, and knowledge. Rainmakers is nimble in its ability to respond to changes in direction without missing a beat, acquiring additional resources quickly and seamlessly incorporating them into ongoing operations.”
– Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) desired to strengthen their anti-fraud efforts by launching an outreach and education program to provide training to anti-fraud professionals and outreach to build awareness among consumers/beneficiaries, providers and others who may be in a position to report fraud.
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions provided a multi-disciplinary team of health care and fraud experts, (including former law enforcement fraud investigators, medical record reviewers, pharmacists, nurses, and health care policy researchers), and communications and training professionals (graphic artists, communication specialists, a media specialist, event planners, videographers, instructional designers, and website developers) to execute this 5-year endeavor.
We developed and implemented a strategic communications plan to manage multiple concurrently-running campaigns with various messages, target audiences, product types, production schedules and distribution methods. In response to our online surveys, focus groups, and event polling, Rainmakers was able to assess audience needs, understand their level of awareness and obtain feedback on ongoing and upcoming campaigns. This feedback assisted in the development of a visually appealing and compelling, plain language portfolio.
In addition, we developed, maintained, hosted, and eventually rebranded a website which served as a 508-compliant delivery channel for these outreach and education products, an online resource repository, and interactive tools for consumers and professionals.
Rainmakers also planned and facilitated up to 6 in-person and virtual events (webinars and webcasts) and multiple training workshops per year for 175 to 1,200 attendees which consistently achieved 90% or better satisfaction ratings.
- Venue Selection
- Curriculum, Presentation, and Collateral Development
- Event Website & Online Enrollment
- Speaker Recruitment
- Event Branding & Promotion
- Travel Arrangements
- Onsite Logistics & Support
- Exhibit Booth Coordination & Staffing
- Budget Management
- Event Reporting
- Contract Negotiation
- Event planning
- Online and onsite registration
- Event marketing and promotion
- Speaker support
- Site preparation
- A/V management
- Banquet management
- Attendee evaluation
- Exhibit Booth Coordination & Staffing
“The first-year event had an extremely tight timeframe to plan and execute. Rainmakers did an excellent job securing the venue, hotel room blocks, planning and executing the event in a timely and effective manner. Rainmakers did an excellent job of keeping within the event budget and meeting all of the project deliverables on time. Rainmakers’ personnel experience matched the individual qualifications. Rainmaker’s team members worked effectively with one another and were very responsive to contract requirements and in recommending solutions.”
– General Services Administration (GSA)
After a 12-year hiatus, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) needed a reliable contractor to efficiently plan and manage large conferences for the contractor and government acquisition communities. One major challenge was the date of the first conference, which was less than 3 months after award.
After meeting with the GSA planning team, we learned that the conference involved 21 concurrent sessions throughout 3 days, catering to four distinct audiences; each with unique objectives. Moving quickly, Rainmakers: launched an event website; configured a state of the art registration website; conducted site visits and contracted with a premier meeting venue and multiple hotels; set up a registration help desk and developed audio-visual, banquet and Green plans.
Rainmakers Strategic Solutions managed all onsite operations and logistics, coordinated venue staff, assisted speakers, and saw to the comfort of attendees. In spite of the fact that registration exceeded original estimates by 20%, by all accounts, the event was a big success with audience satisfaction of 3.7 on a 4-point scale.
Rainmakers’ Certified Government Meeting Planners partner with industry-leading vendors to deliver high-value event and trade show solutions. We continue to deliver event planning services to GSA under this 5-year blanket purchase agreement.
Healthcare Quality Measures Development
Persons & Family Engagement
Technical Expert Panel Support
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Requirements Elicitation
- Business Process Improvement
- Program Review/Analysis
- Risk Management
- Performance Improvement
- Acquisition Support
“It has been a pleasure working with this contractor team. I sincerely want to thank everyone for their efforts and express my deepest appreciation for their support.”
– VA ESM Program Integration Service Manager
More and more government agencies have recognized the value of professional program management expertise in ensuring on-time delivery of IT projects and safeguarding against the waste of public funds. Government project managers seek contractors that can deliver highly trained consultants with domain knowledge and demonstrated expertise in managing large, complex, high visibility projects.
Rainmakers’ Program Management Professionals (PMPs) have assisted a variety of government clients in managing some of the most complex IT projects today. Our clients have included, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and Department of Defense. We provide full-service Program Management Office (PMO) support from the planning through post-implementation stages. Representative project examples include:
1. VA Health Administration Program Enhancement (HAPE) PMO – provide program managers to support the largest ICD-10 implementation in the country, with over 130 complex enhancement projects impacting VA’s clinical and administrative systems at almost 1000 facilities. Solutions included: governance charter, schedule management, risk management, configuration management, meeting support, acquisition support, integrated project team facilitation, business requirements review, financial analysis, and program management review board document preparation.
2. CMS PMO Support – provided business process improvement, integrated project team facilitation, administrative and project management support for the Enterprise Data Group.
3. VA Faster Care Scheduling Pilot/ Prosthetics and Orthotics System – Rainmakers deputy project manager performed a variety of project management duties, including project reporting, scheduling, risk management and meeting facilitation.
CMS Encounter Data Coordination Project – for the Financial Alignment Initiative, developed business requirements and DROOLS engine rules that govern the disaggregation of dual eligible claims containing commingled Medicare and Medicaid benefits into separate Medicare and Medicaid encounter records.
4. Army MEDCOM Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) – provided project, schedule and risk management for the development and implementation of a LIMS for secure AIDS specimen collection and testing worldwide.
5. VA Concept of Operations (CONOPS) – Rainmakers team developed CONOPS documents in support of VHA stakeholders. CONOPS documents addressed:
- Impact of Caregivers Omnibus Legislation on VHA IT systems
- Preparation of a test package to support the national rollout of approved Clinical Information Systems (CIS) and Anesthesiology Record Keeping (ARK) solutions
- Evaluation of existing automated patient hand-off tools and development of requirements and recommendations to support an automated, multidisciplinary patient hand-off solution
- Preparation of a Business Requirements Document (BRD) for the new WebHR portal
- Development of a deployment strategy and plan to assist with national deployment of the Lab Systems Re-engineering Project (LSRP)
WORK WITH US
Effective January 1, 2020
Senior Acquisition Specialist
Subject Matter Expert
524298 | 541430 | 541511 | 541512 541519 | 541611 | 541613 | 541614 541618 | 541690 | 541810 | 541820 541910 | 541990 | 561920 | 611430 611710 | 624230 | 812990 | 923110
Prime Contract Vehicles
- GSA Professional Services Schedule – Contract No. GS-10F-053BA
CMS Measures & Instrument Development and Support (MIDS)
NIH CIO SP3 – Contract No. HHSN316201800048W (Contract Teaming Arrangement with Ideal Systems Solutions)
CDC Division of Health Quality Promotion (DHQP) Conference Training & Consulting Support BPA (Contract/Task Order Nos. GS-10F-053BA/ 75D30119A03829)
SAMHSA IDIQ (subcontractor to JBS International, Inc.)
VA Agile Delivery of VA Imminent Strategic and Operational Requirements (ADVISOR)
CMS Research, Measurement, Assessment, Design and Analysis (RMADA)
CMS Strategic Partners Acquisition Readiness Contract (SPARC)
VA Transformation Twenty-One Total Technology Next Generation (T4NG)
HRSA Advisory Committee Meeting Logistical Support Services (AMLSS) BPA (subcontractor to GEARS, Inc.)
3545 Ellicott Mills Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Phone No. (443) 348-8067
Fax No. (410) 246-2839
18444 N 25th Ave, Suite 420
Phoenix, AZ 85023